Why do women choose Laser Hair Removal?
Why put up with irritating and unsightly shaving rashes. Or suffer through waxing and plucking that brings tears to your eyes. Laser hair removal is now one of the fastest hair removal options, with treatments taking as little as 15 minutes.
At our boutique clinic in Noosa, Queensland, we use the finest Class 4 Medical Grade Laser (Diode) Ausmed MedRazor, which is an FDA and TGA approved Medical Grade Laser, not IPL (Intense Pulse Light machine).
When treating a hair follicle we must ensure the light travels at the correct depth in order to reach the root of the hair. Our laser has a wavelength of 808nm ensuring we reach the root of the hair most effectively. The MedRazor operates by producing a single wavelength (concentrated) which damages the root by selectively heating them while leaving the surrounding tissues unharmed.
Laser hair removal treatment permanently removes hair in follicles during the growth (Anagen) phase. At any time, about 85% of our hair is in the growth stage and will be removed by Laser. During this stage, the hair is most receptive to Laser because it is rich in protein, keratinized cells and melanin. The amount of time the hair follicle stays in the Anagen phase is determined by our genetic make-up.
Maintenance laser visits are also required to remove hair from new follicles that start to grow hair. This is why we recommend 2 to 3 maintenance laser visits each year. Laser Hair Removal treatment is more effective with thick dark hair than it is with thin light hair. If you have natural dark hair and dark skin you can still be benefit from laser treatment for hair removal, however additional laser treatments are usually required to achieve satisfactory results.
The main benefits of laser hair removal:
• Laser hair removal treatments are quick
• Get rid of ingrown hairs
• You will save money in the long run
• Laser hair removal is safe and effective
• Laser hair removal works on smooth skin, so no need to wait
Modesty during treatment
At Noosa Laser Clinic, our trained, qualified, professional laser therapists work to create and maintain a friendly and safe environment for our clients. We understand the need to preserve modesty; all our laser therapists are females that have also experienced the Laser hair removal regime.
You will have the SAME laser technician at EVERY treatment. You can expect to be greeted warmly and made comfortable in the air-conditioned treatment room, allowed to undress in private and be provided with a modesty gown. Personal care items are provided for your comfort. Your laser therapist will knock before re-entering the treatment room. Treatment commences with the therapist helping you to a comfortable position and adjusting your body and the privacy towel to commence treatment.
• Shave the area between 12-24 hours before your treatment.
• No tanning of any form, including tanning beds and/or self tanners, for at least 3 weeks prior to your appointment.
• Avoid sun exposure for at least 3 weeks prior to your appointment. Failure to do so may cause scarring and /or hyper pigmentation. Sun exposure will affect the results and can possibly cause laser burns which can possibly be permanent.
• No tweezing, threading, waxing, epilating, bleaching or use of depilatory creams for at least 3 weeks prior to your treatment.
• No makeup, deodorant, lotions and creams.
• Do not use Retinol (topical Vitamin A) or Hydroquinone (whitening creams) within 1 week of treatment.
• Avoid wearing tight clothes when attending your treatment.
• Avoid excessive exercise/activities that overheat the body and deodorant for 24 hours
• Use sunscreen daily (at least 30+ SPF)
• Due to skin sensitivity avoid excess heat for 24-48 hours such as hot showers, saunas, hot tubs, or heat packs.
• Gently exfoliate the area in the shower after 48 hours
• Exfoliate the area 3 days after the laser hair removal treatment to assist the process of the hair falling out. If some hair does not fall out (this does happen sometimes), you may shave the area.
• Your hair can take up to 2 weeks to fall out; it may fall out as late as the 14th day. Do not wax, pluck or otherwise remove the hair by force. Once your laser hair removal treatments have started, forcing the hair from the follicle will reverse the effect of the laser treatment.
• Avoid the sun and topical sunless tanning products for 7 days after the procedure
• Avoid any other type of skin treatment for 2 weeks after the procedure